Hand Stitching Progress

April 6th, 2012 by zoe 10 Comments

Progress!

Here is how things are coming along on my dress.

The fit is fabulous and I am loving getting back into a hand stitching kind of rythm.

I started tracing the pattern last Sunday – I kinda hope to be wearing it this Sunday ——-

We shall see!

Tags:

10 Responses

1. Kate Bailey says:

I love the colors! I have been in a sewing frenzy myself lately (nothing quite as elaborate as yours) and I just bought 3 yards of beautiful lotta prints off of Sew Mama Sew. I can’t seem to really help myself when it comes to great looking fabric… Love to the family.

2. Beth-Marie says:

Love the stitching, its coming together really nice! I have never made anything like it. Maybe soon with your master backup. xoxo

3. Katie says:

So lovely! I wish I could sew like this. Maybe someday.

• zoe says:

Katie, it’s so much easier than it looks! I would totally recommend getting The Alabama Stitch Book from the library and giving hand stitching a try. Cheers, Zoe

4. Tonya says:

Just beautiful! I also enjoy hand stitching and you have inspired me.

5. Rebecca says:

Thank you so much for your tips on more cost friendly fabric. I have all three Alabama Stitch books but have yet to start a projects because of the price of materials. Did you still use 100% cotton or is it a blend? Where did you buy your button thread?

• zoe says:

Rebecca – i have heard of people using jersey sheets to make the dresses too, that’s always a really affordable option. Thread is best bought at a major fabric store when it’s on 50% off sale. I can’t wait to get the third book – I made myself stitch a project from the second one before I let myself buy it. Now that my dress is 99.9% done I can’t wait to get my hands on it!!
      Cheers,